CURRENT AND FREQUENT CANNABIS USERS NEEDED FOR AN ATTENTION AND COORDINATION STUDY
Researchers at Indiana University are looking for current and frequent cannabis users to take part in a research study involving interviews, questionnaires, and attention and coordination tasks to understand the effects of cannabis on the brain, body and day-to-day functions.
*This study is not intended to promote drug use, but to recruit those who regularly use cannabis to understand its effects on the brain and behavior.*
Participant’s information and identity will be kept confidential.
What Is Involved?
Study participation will consist of two independent sessions:
Session One (approx. 30 minutes-1½ hours)
· Structured interview about your past mental health
· Demographic questionnaires
· Self-report questionnaires pertaining to personality, emotional, and behavioral challenges
Session Two (approx. 2 hours)
· A urine drug screen
· Attention and coordination tasks
· Heart rate and skin conductance measurement
· Eight (8) saliva samples
· Three self-report questionnaires
All visits will take place in-person at the IUPUI Health Sciences Building in Indianapolis, IN and will take between 2½ - 4 hours total.
Participants will be paid $12 per hour of participation and can earn $25-35 total for completing all study tasks.
Who Is Eligible?
· Between 18-40 years of age
· Frequent, chronic cannabis user (use at least 3 times per week for 6 months)
· Speak/read/write in English as your first language
· Have normal or corrected-to-normal hearing and vision
· Have successfully completed high school
· Are in overall good physical health
· Do not have current (at least 6 months) psychiatric illness
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING? Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Attention and Coordination Study,” and include the following information:
2. Times/day for a 10-minute preliminary phone interview to determine eligibility
You may also contact the study team directly at (317) 278-3455
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required