Comparison of the released amounts of growth factors and cytokines from platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) from patients with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus
Are you eligible to participate in this study?
You may be eligible for this study if you meet the following criteria:
Age: Between 30 - 100 Years
Gender: Male or Female
- Patients who agree to have their blood drawn for growth factor and cytokine analyses.
- Age: >30 years-old
- Patients of Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Patient with severe systemic diseases
- Class III obesity
- History of myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular accident, transient ischemic attack, coronary artery disease in the past 6 months.
- Immune compromised patient (HIV, AIDS)
- Smokers or alcoholic patients
- Current chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Corticosteroid, anticoagulant, antiplatelet, NSAIDs or other anti-inflammatory drug use within 10 days
- History of drug or substance abuse in the last year
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required