An effect of multiple concussion on corticoexcitability of lower extremity muscles: a pilot study
Are you eligible to participate in this study?
You may be eligible for this study if you meet the following criteria:
Age: Between 18 - 26 Years
Gender: Male or Female
- Subjects between 18-26 years old
- No history of concussion for a control group.
- At least 2 or more concussion history for a concussion group
- 2 or more concussions for the concussion group are self-reported, but those concussions must be diagnosed by either physician or athletic trainers (as we ask this in the concussion questionnaire). Subjects must be free of concussion in the past 6 months to exclude any acute/subacute effects from recent concussion.
- Participants will be excluded if their most recent concussion happened within the 6 months from the study.
- Participants will be excluded if they have any neurodegenerative conditions, sleep disorders, and/or if they have had a lower extremity injury in the last year.
- Female participants will be excluded if they are pregnant.