Evaluating the Effect of Prebiotics on the Gut Microbiome Profile and ß-cell Function in Newly-Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes
Are you eligible to participate in this study?
You may be eligible for this study if you meet the following criteria:
Conditions: T1D | teen | kids | 1907172784 | adolescent | peds | diabetes | insulin | NCT04114357 | teenagers | riley | teenager | pediatric | child | prebiotic | teens | Type 1 diabetes | adolescents | children | prebiotics | kid
Age: Between 12 - 16 Years
Gender: Male or Female
- Individuals 12-16 years of age
- Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in the past 4 to 24 months
- Individuals with severe, active diseases affecting diet or requiring chronic medication will not be eligible.
- Individuals requiring the use of anti-psychotic medication will not be eligible.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women will not be eligible.
- Individuals with celiac or gastrointestinal disease, immune compromise, or recurrent infection will not be eligible.
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required