COMING SOON: Help find a way to prevent COVID-19: Participate in the AZD1222 COVID-19 vaccine study
The AZD1222 COVID-19 VACCINE Study will research an investigational vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). The study is looking at how well the investigational vaccine works and how safe it is.
- Questions about your health, any medications you have taken, and how you are feeling
- Physical examinations
- Measurements of vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate, oxygen saturation, and temperature, etc.)
- Blood tests
- A COVID-19 test
The AZD1222 COVID-19 VACCINE Study has 3 parts: screening, study treatment, and follow-up.
- Screening - Up to 14 days
You will visit the study center to see if the study is right for you, learn more about it, and decide whether you want to take part.
- Study treatment - 4 weeks
You will visit the study center 2 or 3 times for study assessments. You will receive 2 shots of the study injection (4 weeks apart). The study center staff will contact you by phone, 7 days after each study injection.
- Follow-up - About 2 years
You will visit the study center up to 6 times for study assessments after you have received the study injections. You will also receive regular phone calls, emails, or text messages asking if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
You may be eligible to take part if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- are in good or stable health (you may have an underlying medical condition and still take part, if your disease is stable)
- have an increased risk of getting COVID-19
- do not have a previously confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
Those who enroll in the study will be compensated for their time. The study requires several in-person and virtual visits over a two-year period.
- Participants will be paid $100 per in-person visit and $25 per virtual visit.
- Study visits will be at University Hospital at the Indiana University Academic Medical Center in Indianapolis, IN.
- Parking costs will also be covered.
- IRB Number: 2008068735
- Research Study Identifier: TX11191
- Principal Investigator: Cynthia Brown, MD
Recruitment StatusEnrolling By Invitation
If you need help finding a study or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (888) 264-0005.