A Depression and Opioid Pragmatic Trial in Pharmacogenetics (ADOPT PGx) - Chronic Pain
Opioids are a group of medicines to relieve pain. Did you know that a person’s DNA can affect how well some opioids work or how safe they are for you? The goal of this study is to better manage your pain.
Participants will complete surveys online or via phone at enrollment, 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months after enrollment. Participants will receive their genetic results after completing the final survey, as well as $25 for each completed survey at enrollment, 3 months, and 6 months.
Who is eligible?
· Individuals at least 18 years of age with a diagnosis of chronic pain,
· prescribed opioids (Codeine, Tramadol, Hydrocodone) for at least the past 3 months, and
· seen within IU Health and/or Eskenazi Health system.
How to Participate
**If you have questions about this study or would like more information, please reach out to the study team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 278-4400
- IRB Number: 2009028572 - Chronic Pain
- Research Study Identifier: TX11280
- Principal Investigator: Todd Skaar