Can lactation cookies boost our breast milk supply?
Are you eligible to participate in this study?
You may be eligible for this study if you meet the following criteria:
Conditions: healthy | pregnancy | breastfeeding | lactation | pregnant
Age: Between 18 - 50 Years
- Living in the contiguous continental 48 states in the US
- Participant must be 18 years old or older
- Mother of a healthy child born at 37 weeks or later from an uncomplicated birth
- Infant aged 2-months at enrollment
- Must intend to exclusively breastfeed infant for at least 3 months
- Must have a working weight scale at home
- No formula use in 2 weeks prior to enrollment or plan to use during study (1 month).
- Must not have any food or cookie ingredient allergies, dislikes, or contraindications to consume cookies
- Intending to bring the child to CDC recommended well-child visits
- Previous or current diagnosis of thyroid disease, epilepsy, psychosis, bipolar disorder
- Receiving treatment for depression or anxiety, or medications that may interfere with milk production (e.g. metoclopramide, chlorpromazine, domperidone, medroxyprogesterone, thyroid hormone).
- Substance use disorder
- Formula feeding or consuming other lactation boosting products during the study
- Having eaten lactation cookies two weeks prior to enrollment