HAVE YOU TESTED NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19? Join Our Study and Help Researchers Learn More About the Long-Term Effects on Cardiovascular and Mental Health!
DID YOU KNOW?... Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the cause of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), is infecting more than 10% of the world’s population.
COVID-19 affects individuals in different ways, and it’s hard to tell why some people who have had COVID-19 have more longer-term consequences, such as changes to their cardiovascular system and their mental health, than others.
That is why researchers at Indiana University are conducting a study to learn more about how common and how extensive these longer-term consequences are for some people.
Who is Eligible
· Are age 40 or older
· If female, are not pregnant
· Have tested negative for COVID-19 (i.e., at least one negative and zero positive nose swab or saliva tests)
· Are not currently acutely ill or hospitalized (are able to function out in the community)
· Have no known cardiovascular disease
· Have no history of bipolar disorder or a psychotic disorder (such as schizophrenia)
· Have no metallic implants/devices or allergy that prevent you from getting an MRI
· Have not received a vaccine, including for COVID-19, within the 30 days prior to the study visit (you can receive any vaccine immediately after the study visit)
What is Involved
There will be two groups of participants in this study: (1) people with a history of COVID-19 and (2) people without a history of COVID-19.
- Participants in both groups will attend a 3½-hour study visit at the Indiana CTSI Clinical Research Center (CRC) in University Hospital on the IUPUI campus.
- Participants will need to fast (nothing to eat or drink, except for water) and avoid tobacco products and exercise for at least 8 hours before the visit.
- Participants must not receive any vaccine, including for COVID-19, within 30 days prior to the study visit (you can receive any vaccine immediately after the study visit)
- The study visit will include medical tests (physical exam, cardiac MRI, bloodwork, arm vascular ultrasound) and questionnaires (basic background, physical/mental health history, behaviors, sleep, mood, and stress).
- Participants will receive a $100 gift card for completing all of the study requirements. A parking pass will also be provided.
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required