Do you care for someone with dementia or Alzheimer's Disease? Join our care.coach study!
The purpose of this study is to test a technology which has been developed to allow computers and robots to talk naturally with people who have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
We are hoping to learn how to better engage your loved one and to help them stay as healthy and independent as possible.
Who is Eligible
- Indiana English-spekaing residents age 55 + with dementia or Alzheimer's Disease and their informal caregivers age 21+
What is Involved
- Volunteers with dementia - Those living with dementia interact with a care.coach™ tablet that displays a virtual pet. These virtual pets can provide entertainment like playing games or music, and encourage health-related assistance, like providing reminders to take their medications, use their walker, or drink water.
- Caregivers - Caregivers are contacted (via phone) monthly to answer a few that take about 5-20 minutes. We will ask questions about caregiving and the related stress.
- Participants will receive up to $30 in Kroger gift cards for the completion of the study.
Contact Dr. Peggy Bylund at email@example.com or 317-274-9139.
- IRB Number: 2007632900
- Research Study Identifier: TX11370
- Principal Investigator: Malaz Boustani, MD
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required