CHIlDREN AND FAMILIES NEEDED FOR TELEHEALTH STUDY On Improving Healthy Eating and Physical Activity for Kids!
DO YOU HAVE A CHILD AGE 5-11? Researchers at Indiana University Bloomington are looking for children and families to take part in a study testing the effectiveness of a telehealth intervention that is intended to help children to eat healthy and stay active.
Telehealth is the delivery of health care, health education, and health information services via remote technologies, such as video calls. In this intervention, researchers will provide children and families the opportunity to receive education and support on nutrition, fitness, and behavioral habits in order to make positive life-long changes for an active lifestyle.
Our goal is to work with families to develop an educational and supportive telehealth intervention for children to improve nutritional and physical activity behaviors.
Who is Eligible
- Children between the ages of 5-11 years old
- Mustbe currently living in an Indiana county/town
What is Involved
- This study involves taking part in telehealth sessions via a group video chat 1-hr per week for 4 weeks.
- The study team will provide a Fitbit and a study iPad along with 2GB of data to use during these sessions.
- Total participation time is 8 weeks (approximately 2 months).
Participation is done online from the convenience of your own home. NO IN-PERSON VISITS ARE REQUIRED.
- You/your child will be compensated for your time and will receive a $25 gift card for participation.
- You/your child will also get to keep the Fitbit as a token of appreciation for participating.
**IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUDY, please complete the prescreener below to see if you may qualify.
**You may also reach out to the study team directly by contacting Britney Arce at (812) 578-9494 or email@example.com
Study Title: ‘eatNplay’ - A Family-Based, Telehealth Intervention to Improve Nutrition and Physical Activity among Children
This study is funded by the Center for Rural Engagement at Indiana University.