Children Needed for Autism Early Development Study!
Do you have a 3-30 month old AND a child with Autism?
Researchers at Purdue University are studying early development of younger siblings of children with autism spectrum disorder.
This study is looking for children, age 3 months to 30 months, who have an older sibling diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder and who speak English as their primary language.
The study can be done entirely from your home and includes completing an online survey, a phone interview, a telehealth-based play session, and a daylong audio recording of your child’s vocalizations.
Our goal is to learn how researchers can better measure child development by empowering parents to take a more active role during the research session and make research accessible by eliminating the need to travel to a laboratory. As such, our assessment activities involve parents working directly with their child in the comfort of their own home while the examiner provides coaching over the phone and through provided technology.
Who is Eligible
You and your child may be be eligible for this study if:
- Your child is 3-30 months old
- Your child has an older sibling diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder
- English is the primary language spoken in your home
- Online survey (~1 hour)
- Phone interview (~1 hour)
- Telehealth-based play session (~2 hours)
- Day-long audio recording of your child’s vocalizations using a child-friendly vest
- You would receive a $55 Amazon gift card and a brief report of your child’s developmental skills for your time.
**IF YOU AND YOUR CHILD ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUDY, please submit your information using the provided form below.
**You may also reach out to the study team directly by contacting Lisa at email@example.com and we will follow up with additional questions to verify your family’s eligibility. If at any point you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our research team directly by phone at 765-494-3667 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Study TItle: Neurodevelopmental Natural History Study
- IRB Number: 1811021381 (PURDUE)
- Research Study Identifier: TX11408
- Principal Investigator: Bridgette Kelleher
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required