Assessing the anterior segment of the eye using non-invasive optical imaging
Dr. Patrice Tankam and his team at the Frontiers of Optical Imaging and Biology Lab are performing a research study investigating several eye diseases including primary open angle glaucoma (POAG), Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy (FECD), and myopia control under orthokeratology contact lens.
Study volunteers will:
- Be between 18-75 years of age.
- Have had an eye exam within the last 12 months.
- Have a healthy eye or have been diagnosed by a certified eye doctor with one of the diseases under investigation, including POAG, FECD, or myopia control under orthokeratology contact lens treatment.
- Have no other eye disease.
- Have no history of eye surgery or injury.
There are 2 visits for this study taking place over the course of a month.
Each visit will last for about 1 hour, but less than 2 hours. These visits include testing similar to a routine eye exam. The study will use a custom imaging system developed in Dr. Tankam’s lab, but with characteristics similar to clinical instruments.
You will be paid $40/visit for your time spent in our office.
If you are interested in participating, or have more questions, call us at 812-855-0951 and include:
-Your current age
-Your contact information
(Note, the information gathered in this screening will be kept confidential. Any information gathered will be kept with your research chart if you do qualify, and if you do not qualify, it will be shredded. You do not have to answer any of the questions you do not want to).
Frontiers of Optical Imaging and Biology Lab
Indiana University School of Optometry
800 East Atwater Ave
Bloomington, IN 47405
- IRB Number: 13331
- Research Study Identifier: TX11447
- Principal Investigator: Patrice Tankam
Recruitment StatusEnrolling By Invitation
If you need help finding a study or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (888) 264-0005.