UNDERSTANDING HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Researchers at the IU School of Medicine and Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana are looking for adults to take part in a study to learn more about factors associated with health and wellness outcomes.
Participation involves a brief telephone call to determine eligibility. If you are eligible and agree to be in the study, you will be asked to complete an electronic survey with questions related to your health and wellness.
Who is Eligible
- Adults who are 18 years of age or older and current U.S. residents
- No history of traumatic brain injury (TBI) or other neurological conditions
What is Involved
- Complete a one-time online survey (30-60 min)
Compensation/Benefits of Participation
- You will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for completing the survey
How To Participate
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUDY, please submit your contact information using the form below. The study team will reach out to you to schedule the telephone screen. If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be invited to participate in the study and emailed a link to the one-time electronic survey which will ask questions related to your health and wellness. This will take approximately 30-60 minutes.
**You may also reach out to the study team directly by contacting the InterFACE Center at InterFAC@iu.edu or (317) 329-2380
The study is being conducted by Dawn Neumann, PhD, and Devan Parrott, PhD, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Indiana University School of Medicine, and the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana. It is funded by the Indiana Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Fund Grant Program.
IU Interactive and Functional Assessment of Communication and Emotion (InterFACE) Center:
Dr. Dawn Neumann faculty page: Dawn M. Neumann, PhD (iu.edu)
If you agree to be in the study, you will be asked to independently complete an electronic survey with questions related to your health and wellness. This will take approximately 30-60 minutes. The survey will ask about the following:
· Demographic information like age, education, employment status, etc.
· Emotional functioning, expression, and coping
· Emotional responses to hypothetical situations
· Substance use
· Pain experience and pain medications
· Awareness and attention to sensations in your body
· History of past events
· Social support
Your participation is over after you complete the online survey.
- IRB Number: 15672
- Research Study Identifier: TX11513
- Principal Investigator: Dawn Neumann, PhD
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required