Barriers To Healthcare Experienced By Pediatric Rheumatology Patients
Researchers at Indiana University School of Medicine are looking for volunteers ages 5-22 who were diagnosed in childhood with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis, polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, or systemic lupus erythematosus.
This study is enrolling patients at Indiana University Health/Riley Hospital for Children Pediatric Rheumatology clinics ONLY.
This study is being done to better understand the challenges pediatric rheumatology patients and their families have in taking care of their health.
Your physical participation in this study will occur over the period of approximately 1-2 hour long interviews and through completion of a survey at a single visit.
Who Is Eligible To Participate
- Patients ages 5-22 who are being cared for at Indiana University Health/ Riley Hospital for Children Pediatric Rheumatology clinic
- Must have a diagnosis of systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis, polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, or systemic lupus erythematosus
- The eligible patients' caregivers will also be eligible to be included in this study.
Study Participation Involves:
- Taking part in a 1-hour virtual teleconference focus group interview (such as over Zoom) with the researchers that can be arranged at a time that is convenient for you.
- If unique topics arise during the focus group interview, you may be asked to participate in a second, more focused, interview.
- Completing surveys (approx. 15 min)
- We expect your participation in this study will last up to two years because we will be accessing your medical records.
- Your dyad pair (child + caregiver) will receive a $50 gift card for your participation in the interview portion of the study.
- Your dyad pair (child + caregiver) will also receive a $10 gift card for the completion of all surveys.
- IRB Number: 12276
- Research Study Identifier: TX11517
- Principal Investigator: Martha Rodriguez
Recruitment StatusEnrolling By Invitation
If you need help finding a study or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (888) 264-0005.