Training to Reconnect With Emotional Awareness Therapy (TREAT)
Indiana University School of Medicine is looking for people with traumatic brain injury (TBI) to participate in an investigational treatment study on emotional problems after brain injury. The purpose of the study is to examine a new treatment designed to improve emotional awareness after TBI.
After a traumatic brain injury (TBI), problems with emotions are common and these problems are often linked to negative outcomes. We developed a treatment program that aims to improve emotional awareness and understanding after TBI. Emotional awareness and understanding is important for controlling emotions, which is a frequent problem after TBI. The purpose of the study is to examine a new treatment designed to improve emotional awareness after TBI.
· Baseline session: We will evaluate your ability to process emotions and your mood. This information will be used to determine if you meet the criteria to participate in the treatment. The session will last approximately 2-3 hours.
· Treatment: Eligible participants will qualify to participate in a 4-week treatment program designed to improve emotional awareness. Training will be administered on a computer during individual sessions with a therapist/ research assistant at the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana. The goal is to become more aware of emotions and how to describe them, in order to have better emotional control. The program will involve eight 60-90 minute sessions.
· Post-treatment sessions: Participants who received the treatment will again be given questionnaires about emotions and their mood 2-3 more times after the treatment.
Participants will be paid for their participation time and eligible participants enrolled in treatment will receive gas cards to offset transportation costs.
You may be eligible if you:
· Have had a traumatic brain injury.
· Had your brain injury at least 12 months ago (or longer).
· Are 18 years of age or older.
**IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUDY, please submit your contact information using the form below.
**You may also reach out to the study team directly by contacting the InterFACE Center at (317) 329-2380 or email@example.com
- IRB Number: 1711946589
- Research Study Identifier: TX8702
- Principal Investigator: Dawn Neumann, PhD
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required